Many people don’t appreciate bugs. After all, most of them are pretty gross and most attribute bugs with disease and overall nastiness. That makes them a good target for some of the best jokes that make you jump with laughter. Insects can be a lot of fun if you gnat seriously afraid of them.
Bugs have good qualities. The ladybug is supposed to bring luck and the spider makes a great Halloween decoration. Sometimes the way insects look strick people as funny bugs and no bug joke is required. There is a lot to love about insects as part of the overall food chain and their bee-havior can be interesting. Some of the best jokes are about people’s interactions with these small creatures and, maybe, how they view people.
Below are 40 of the best bug jokes on the planet. Enjoy!
Great Bug Puns That Spin Audiences into Chuckles
- Why can’t insects drive? Bugs don’t have a Lice-ens
- Why do insects hate the world wide web? They are caught in nets.
- How do Australian bugs say good morning? G’day, mite.
- What types of insects live in graveyards? ZomBEES.
- What did the woman say to the insect flying around his head? Stop bugging me!
- How does a skeleton kill a insect? They sock-et!
- What do fleas do when they want to travel? They itch-hike
- What insect do sporting dogs detest the most? Ath-fleats.
- What TV showis loved by spiders? The newly web game!
- What are large Irish spiders called? St. Paddy long legs!
- Why was the baby ant confused? Because all of his uncles were ants.
- What film do bees like the most? The Sting!
- Why do bees always hum? Because they don’t know the words!
- What do you call the novel “The Tale of Two Mosquitoes”? Bite-time story!
Cockroach Puns That Make You Smack the Floor With Chuckles
- My girlfriend santized the entire kitchen after she saw a cockroach. Now, I just put one in the bathroom.
- My husband used a shoe to try to kill a cockroach. He missed it by a foot.
- What did the cockroaches say after a nuclear bombings? “It was a blast.”
- A kid sees a huge cockroach. He yells to his dad that there is a big cockroach in the bathroom. His dad calls back, “So wait until he finishes.”
Beetle Puns That Make You Crawl with Giggles
- What do dung beetles sing during the holidays? “All I Want for Christmas is Poo”
- A dung beetle goes into a pub. He approaches the bartender and says, “Pardon me, is this stool taken?”
- The door bell rang so I answered it. I was punched in the face by a large beetle. He said I was a lazy ugly man. That is one nasty bug going around!
- What is a VW Beetle distributing vaccines called? The Flu Bug.
- Someone asked me if I ever had to eat bugs to survive, would I rather eat a large beetle or a tiny one? I chose the tiny one! It’s the lesser of two weevils.
- What could be the scariest thing in a haunted house? My friend found it. Someone dressed up like a beetle. It’s a scarab.
- Two beetles meet in an old loaf of pumpernickle. One starts a conversation saying, “I didn’t realize others were here. Where did you come from?” The other says, “Oh, me? Born in bread here.”
- Daughter is screaming about a beetle crawling up the wall. Her mother asks,
“Is it John, George, Paul, or Ringo?”
Bed Bug Jokes That Spring Laughter
- Two bedbugs met in a mattress. It was a spring wedding!
- There is band of bed bugs playing at a club? They play covers.
- What are bunch of bed bugs called? A sheet-load.
Funny Bugs in Jokes and Stories
- When does a baseball player become a spider? When he catches a fly!
- Why couldn’t the butterfly get into the dance? Because it was a mothball!
- A man and a centipede were roommates. One day, the man said, “Centipede, get the mail right now!” A lot of time goes back and there was no mail brought in. The man found the centiped and said, “I told you to get the mail!”
“I had to put on my shoes,” responded the centipede.
- Wonder why the fly never landed on the computer? He was scared of the world wide web.
- How are flowers like the letter A? Because bees come after both!
- A bug hits a windshield. Wonder what the last thing to go through his mind was? It was his rear end!
- An old couple was sitting on their front porch. There was a church choir practicing hymns at a church in the distance and crickets were chirping as the sun was setting. The woman hears the choir and says to her husband, “Isn’t that the most beautiful sound you’ve ever heard?” The husband responds, “Yes, and just think, they do all that by rubbing their legs together.”
- Two fleas are leaving a store. One says to the other, “Should we walk home or take a dog? :
- How does a catepiller celebrate New Year’s Day? Turns over a new leaf.
- Why did the fly fly? A spider spied her.
- What’s green and jumps a mile? A grasshopper with hiccups!
Whether you are an entomologist or just like insects because they bug others, learning a bug joke or two can help break a tense moment or introduce educational material about these creepy creatures. These jokes will help you fly in the face of a serious audience and encourage everything to lighten up!
You’ll also like: