We have all been in situations where it seemed like everything was against us. Every obstacle, person, and life circumstance were trying to keep us down.
We all have been the underdog at some point in our life. Not only is it rewarding when you can prove everyone wrong, but it is satisfying to go through the journey knowing that you never quit.
However, the journey of an underdog is not an easy one. Sometimes, we need extra motivation to help us get through.
That is why we have compiled a list of 30 underdog motivational quotes just for you! Whether you are at the start of your journey just arriving or triumphing in your unexpected victory, these quotes will help you overcome!
Underdog Motivational Quotes
- “Sometimes it takes a lowly, title-less man to humble the world. Kings, rulers, CEOs, judges, doctors, pastors, they are already expected to be greater and wiser.” – Criss Jami
- “The one that’s different often has the odds stacked against them but usually ends up with the biggest rewards so it’s always worth it.” – Torron-Lee Dewar
- “When all seems to be against you, remember, a ship sometimes has to sail against the current, not with it.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “A winning mindset can transform an underdog into a champion, conqueror, and achiever. You’re a mindset away from winning your battles!” – Assegid Habtewold
- “Refuse to Allow Limitations Stop You!” – Jaachynma N.E. Agu
- “While you’re worrying about becoming famous, there is someone out there putting in work and not wasting a second of their time. Which person will you be?” – Torron-Lee Dewar
- “To win their battles, these kinds of underdogs rely on their own and one another’s ability to absorb violence. They find their might in their nature. They believe victory is assured by their nature, and as long as they act in accordance with their nature, they will claim it. Because they are able to fight, they must fight.” – Adam Levin
- “Victory is a thousand times sweeter when you’re the underdog.” – Jenny Han
- “With but few exceptions, it is always the underdog who wins through sheer willpower.” – Johnny Weissmuller
- “You can overcome almost anything, once you realize your biggest opponent is yourself” – Christine E. Szymanski
- “Today’s tears water tomorrow’s gardens.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Life is never more fun than when you’re the underdog competing against the giants.” — Ross Perot
- “Just because you’re down to your last strike, you’re not out yet. You can always do more. You’ll always have more at-bats to take. That’s true in baseball, in rescuing animals, and in life generally.” – Tony La Russa
I Am the Underdog Quotes
- “We grew up learning to cheer on the underdog because we see ourselves in them.” – Shane Koyczan
- “If you’re an underdog, mentally disabled, physically disabled, if you don’t fit in, if you’re not as pretty as the others, you can still be a hero.” – Steve Guttenberg
- “Everyone knows what it’s like to feel like the underdog. Everyone wants to be accepted. Ultimately, everybody wants to be loved.” – Charlie Day
- “I’ll never lose the sense of being an underdog. I’m capable of a lot more.” – Esai Morales
- “When you feel insecure or like you don’t measure up, remind yourself of how far you’ve come. And in that moment, you’ll realize you’ve climbed mountains and can overcome anything.” – Brittany Burgunder
- “I like being the underdog, so they don’t expect what’s going to happen. It pushes me to work harder and do the things I’m not doing better.” – Kawhi Leonard
- “I’m kind of a grinder. I’m a Cinderella, an underdog story who fights.” – Zach Johnson
- “Any time you have defensive ends going above you in the draft, when you know you put up numbers that were equal to better, you just have to use that as motivation. Whenever you’re the underdog, you have to have the right attitude and just go out there and be yourself. Just play.” – Justin Tuck
Why Root for The Underdog Quotes
- “Stand up for the underdog, the ‘loser.’ Sometimes having the strength to show loving support for unacknowledged others turns the tides of our own lives.” – Alexandra Katehakis
- “People only rooted for the underdog in movies, not in middle school.” – David Wright
- “Beware of barking at underdogs; don’t fight with people who have nothing to lose.” – Dory Previn
- “Literature, fiction, poetry, whatever, makes justice in the world. That’s why it almost always has to be on the side of the underdog.” – Grace Paley
- “How many times do you read about ‘the Cinderella story,’ the story of the underdog, the story of the ordinary human being, often subjected to cruelty and ignorance and neglect, who somehow triumphs?” – Kenneth Branagh
Underdog Cartoon Quotes and Catchphrases
- “There’s no need to fear…Underdog is here!”
- “When Polly’s in trouble, I am not slow, so it’s hip-hip-hip and away I go!”
- “Not plane, nor bird, nor even frog, it’s just little old me…Underdog…”
- “The secret compartment of my ring I fill with an Underdog Super Energy Pill.”
We hope these underdog motivational quotes really helped you to continue your journey of fighting! Sometimes, all an underdog needs are another chip on their shoulder and words to hold onto.
Did any of these quotes resonate with you? Do you have an underdog story you would like to share? What about any quotes we might’ve missed? Feel free to let us know down in the comments below!
You’ll also like: