Wolves have unfortunately acquired a bad reputation, thanks to their strategic hunting. As a result, they are often portrayed as villains in many children’s fables. The Brother’s Grimm stories alone portray the wolf as a villain a few times across some of their famous stories.
We have come across some version of these children’s tales a few times as kids and know them all to well. How many different versions of Little Red Riding hood, Three Little Pigs, and others, have we come across as children?
These stories have been around for years and will continue to be here for years to come.
So, to make us forget about the scary wolves’ stories we heard as children, we rounded up some funny wolf puns for you to enjoy!
Howling Wolf Puns
- What does the Big Bad Wolf do after he runs a lap around the track? He huffs and he puffs.
- When do wolves cross the road? When they are chasing chickens.
- What do you call a wolf that is in tuned with his surroundings? An aware-wolf.
- What do you call a werewolf who isn’t in tuned with his surroundings? An unaware-wolf.
- Where do wolves hang their picture frames? In their howl-ways.
- What do you call a lost wolf that leaves its’ pack? A where-wolf.
- What do you call a where-wolf that has been found by its’ pack? A here-wolf.
- What do you call a wolf disguised as a sheep? A woolf.
- What type of bed time stories do wolves tell their children? Hairy Tails.
- Why didn’t the wolf want to buy a lamb costume? Because it wasn’t sheep enough.
- What magazine does daddy wolf like to read? Porks Illustrated.
- What is a wolf’s favorite holiday? Howl-oween.
- Everyone knows that a wolf’s favorite day of the week is Moonday.
- How do wolves greet each other? “Howl you doin?”
- What did Mrs. Wolf say when she didn’t know what to wear? “I have no idea what to wear-wolf.”
- Why don’t wolves eat clocks? Because they don’t want any ticks.
- When do wolves have a howling good time? At midnight.
- What type of pictures do wolves take on their phones? Wolfies.
- What do wolves like to eat for breakfast? Woofles with eggs and bacon.
- When do wolves chase their own tails? When they’re trying to make ends meet.
- Why was the wolf arrested at the farmers market? Because he was caught chop lifting.
Funny Wolf Jokes
- How do you know when a wolf has been hurt? When he screams “Aooowwww!”.
- What do you call cows that cry wolf? Fake Moos.
- Wolves really know how to decorate during the howl-o-days.
- Why did the wolf become a lumberjack? Because he wanted to be a timber wolf.
- How do wolves eat when they are starving? They wolf down their food.
- The poor wolf had a high fever and became a hot dog!
- What type of plant do wolves like to have in their gardens? Arooooo-gula.
- Why was the wolf always cold? Because he was a chili dog.
- When do wolves go into smoke shops? When they are looking for a pack.
- Why did the mama wolf wash her son’s mouth with soap? Because he was a swear-wolf.
- Why do wolves love to eat rabbits? Because they like fast food.
- What did the kid wolf tell his brother when he wasn’t sharing his toys? “Give that toy to me naoooooooowwww!”
- The wolf decided to leave his pack, the parents thought it was a “cause fur concern!”.
- The werewolf got a new job in the were-house, he operates the forklift.
- Who does the werewolf hire when he has trouble with his computer? A software-wolf.
- Why did the boy cry wolf? To get a howling experience.
- Why do wolves prefer shopping online? To avoid going inside a flea market.
- The poor mama wolf fell into the washing machine while doing laundry, and is now a wash and wear-wolf.
- Why did the wolf start laughing hysterically while eating? Because he ate the funny bone.
More Wolf Puns and One-liners
- What did the taxi driver say to the wolf that got in his cab? “Where-wolf?”
- What does the mama wolf say to her son when he’s eating too fast? “Don’t wolf down your food!”
- What is a wolf’s favorite Warren Zevon’s song? Werewolves Of London.
- What did the wolf say to his girlfriend? “Aren’t you a sight fur sore eyes”
- Some say that werewolves are nothing but a supernatural furnomenon.
- What is a werewolf’s favorite place to visit in California? Howl-lywood.
- What do you call a werewolf who doesn’t know what to wear? A what-to-wear-wolf.
- What piece of advice do the elder wolves pass on to the younger wolves? “Stand up fur what you believe in!”
- What happens when you cross a sheep with a wolf? You’ll get a new sheep, because you should never cross a sheep with a wolf.
- How can you tell business wolves apart from others? They have furm handshakes.
- What kind of dinnerware do wolves use when they have a fancy celebration? Chinaware-wolf.
- Which animal howls at midnight, is gray, has a tail, four legs and eats cement? A wolf. I added in the cement to throw you off.
- If you’re wearing a coat made out of wolf fur, would that be a wear wolf?
This concludes our funny wolf jokes. We hope these wolf funnies helps you tame your inner child wolf fears the next time you read a bedtime story. Feel free to share these wolf puns with others that could use a good laugh or two, and to continue the funny spin on these infamous canines.